Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: Reflecting....

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reflecting....

Tomorrow I'm going to be 34. In a month I will be married for 12 years.....

Calvin and I were reflecting about how things have changed for us in the past 12 years....I'll give you some examples....

12 years ago, we had no table. Literally. We ate on TV trays in the living room of our apartment.

12 years ago when when moved into our house (after being married for 6 months) it took two truck loads and half an hour to move EVERYTHING we owned.

12 years ago, we had a 12 inch TV...and it weighed about 50 pounds.

12 years ago, I had never sent an e-mail.

12 years ago we had 12 pieces of cutlery. Total.

12 years ago, I was SURE that forest green was never going to go out of style.

12 years ago, we did not own a couch. We owned a love seat. A love seat and no table. Wow.

12 years ago, I was working at Interior Stationery and Books, and Calvin was finishing off his 'Joinery' apprenticeship.

12 years ago, we had no kids....no money.....

I liked 1998, really I did....but I wouldn't trade it for 2010....let's do this again in 2022!!

12 Comments:

Blogger genine marie said...

I like this, Michelle.

8:22 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

Oh my goodness - I remember the apartment, the tv, tv trays, loveseat...

A lot has changed! :)

PS I really miss you.

10:58 p.m.  
Blogger Laura said...

12 years ago you were a beautiful bride! I remember! :)
Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

10:36 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, this was sweet. You guys are a fabulous example and I love you a-lot-a-bit! ;)

5:51 p.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

What hasn't changed is how much I love you friend of my heart.

7:12 a.m.  
Blogger 12BSTEWA Team said...

Wow, time passes so quickly.

11:24 a.m.  
Blogger anime said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:18 a.m.  
Blogger BAtkins said...

Neat piece I really liked it.

6:14 p.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

2:23 a.m.  
Blogger Deb said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm new to your blog but I can totally relate. Been with my partner for 16 yrs and married for 2. It wasn't too long ago that we were both living upstairs from my parents house in a small apartment with no "real" living room. Things change so much in such a short time sometimes, either for the better or for the worse, and it's important that whichever way it does go, that you two stick together as a team. :)

12 yrs! Congrats!!!

Deb

8:11 a.m.  
Blogger Chandana said...

Hi,

Nice blog.

Here is a blog that serves for your spiritual needs...
It has messages from the Holy Scriptures that teach us how to have GOD in all the aspects of our lives, and allow GOD's rule in every matter.

http://www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading.

God bless you.

3:57 a.m.  
Blogger UshouldKNOW said...

Amazing what 12 years can do eh?

7:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers