Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: Through The Ages...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Through The Ages...


When I'm 83, and Calvin is 84, I hope I will see the kind of love and devotion I see in my Grandfather Richmond every single day.

Yesterday, I watched my Grandpa nuzzle my Grandma and say to her, 'well love! Lots more good times for us yet'.....and I watched her tear up and nod 'yes', the best she can.

My Grandpa would NEVER complain about anything. He would never say that he thinks it's a rip off that in their last years together, Grandma is wheelchair bound, can't communicate properly and has to live away from him. He would NEVER complain about the constant back pain he's in.....instead, he thanks God for every moment, special or plain. He never takes credit for himself, and offers nothing but positive words and happy thoughts.

Today, I was really touched by the love, honour, commitment and cherishing I saw between them.

Today, I understood the vows I took with Calvin when we got married almost 12 years ago.

Today, I was thankful for the example of what a relationship that has stood the test time looks like.

Today, I knew that I saw something special.

6 Comments:

Blogger punkersdanielle said...

Truly and inspirational couple. I treasure them as well... You are very blessed to call them family! :-)

12:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, way to make me tear up!

You are very blessed Michelle!

3:25 p.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

Legacy. Legacy. Legacy.

Powerful.

7:29 p.m.  
Blogger genine marie said...

what Danielle said.

12:18 a.m.  
Blogger Kater said...

Brilliant.

Might I add that their [somewhat] matching sweaters are just about as awesome as their story? ;)

You're blessed, Michelle.

11:01 a.m.  
Blogger 12345789 said...

i am a young teenage girl, barely starting this blog world and i stumbled apon yours.

thank you for this.
thank you for making me think there is hope for love yet.
and thank you for making me open my eyes to see that there are good and happy people out in this world who write about things that matter.

10:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers