Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: It Could Have Been Bad.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

It Could Have Been Bad.

I did something Monday you should never do.

I looked into the eyes of a 6 week old golden retriever/golden lab cross.

I'll back up...

We were at my Grandpa's house celebrating his 83rd birthday, when he mentioned that his neighbour had puppies and would the girls like to go look?

Sure...I said! What harm could it be??

We get over there to see 6 of the cutest, round faced puppies you have EVER seen! They were stumbling around being adorable...and I actually said that I wanted one. OUT LOUD. IN front of the kids.

So, we get home, the lady calls us and tells us we can have one in two weeks if we wanted. I told her I'd get back to her. Calvin and I talked about it and decided that we were ready for a puppy. I mean, our dog, Jodie is 11 and we thought we could 'phase' her out while phasing in another dog.

As the day wore on the cuteness of the puppies blurred in my mind, and pictures of waking up in the night with a puppy, having to take a puppy camping (or even get a 'puppy' sitter), and just being tied down (side note...our dog Jodie is SO well trained, we don't have a fenced in yard and she just stays here...she poops in ONE spot, eats anything and if we go camping, is quite happy to stay home and just have my Mom come and feed her). This is going to be the first year that ALL my kids are in full time school, and the reality of a puppy smacked me RIGHT in the face.

At 6 am the next morning (as Calvin was getting up to go fishing), I sat up and told Calvin I couldn't do it. I could NOT get a puppy.

Call me lazy.

Call me selfish.

Call me a puppy-hater.

or..

Call me smart.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... if you're smart for not getting a puppy than what does that make me???

12:07 p.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

This non-friend of the animal kingdom says SMART!

3:09 p.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

I ALREADY have a dog Billie! We would've been a TWO dog family...

That is a whole new level I just can't go to...

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger Chelsey said...

smart!

9:43 a.m.  
Blogger Kater said...

GET THE DOG! ;)

8:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers