Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: The Day I Chose The Wrong Thing......

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Day I Chose The Wrong Thing......

Tonight as a huge treat, we took the kids out to Boston Pizza......not my fave place but they love it so whatever, we sucked it up and went.

(Some backround on me....I have a food memory for almost every big occasion in my life....going to the beach as a kid??? Totally remember those 'soft and chewy' chips ahoy cookies. Got married? Had some wicked awesome teriyaki sauce on my chicken. In fact, if Calvin asks me something about years ago, I will ask if there is a food reference so I can remember!)

Back to tonight....

ALL DAY, and I mean ALL DAY I was dreaming about baked pasta with alfredo sauce.....covered in cheese....basically a heart smart dinner! Anyway, we got to BP and after getting quickly settled, the server came over to ask us if we wanted to order....SURE I say (BRING ON THE PASTA)....so I order 'Baked Ravioli'. STOP. Ok, I re-read the menu, yup, 7 cheese ravioli....this is the stuff I've been dreaming about ALL day. Order taken....now we wait.

Oh...hooray...here comes the server.....wait.....what is that she has? It's a 'Baked ravioli'....OH CRAP....that has a tomato sauce, not a cream sauce.....DO NOT CRY. DO NOT CRY over wrong food. DO NOT be that chubby girl......

OK, so I push the food away....POUTING (see 25 random things about me blog) and say, this is NOT what I wanted. Calvin reminds me that it was MY OWN fault....like I didn't already know that! Anyway, he tells me to eat it (not realizing that inside I am almost as devastated as when I found out Grandpa had his heart attack) because I might actually like it......

As I reach for my fork my beautiful Avery says to me...

'Mom. You shouldn't complain, you should learn to be thankful for what you have'

To which I totally overreacted by telling her that I AM THE ADULT here, so ZIP IT or you're going to the car (totally rational, I know).

Oh...I ate it.

....but you can be sure I will remember this day....and you can be sure I will read the menu thoroughly next time.....

I'm still not over it.

It's just too soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimberley B said...

Been there. Done that. Pouted. Ate it anyway.

Good thing I don't have kids yet to point out my flaws! :)

7:36 p.m.  
Blogger Kater said...

Michelle,

This is the best, most honest, hilarious post I have read (on any blog) in awhile... you are a ROCKSTAR. Heck, go back again tomorrow and send me the bill for the real pasta you're dreaming about...consider it a treat!

12:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, oh michelle!

I remember occasions based on what the food consumed was as well.

And you're not the fat girl.

8:00 a.m.  
Blogger Laura said...

Ok, so no more posts about food how bout??!!
I've been dreaming about a creamy yummy pasta all day thanks to reading your blog and now have to make it! (not too bad though, the house smells good!)
You did make me laugh! I hope you'll recover soon and get your pasta(if you want supper tonight...I'll make extra! :P)

4:47 p.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

Been there, done that! PISSED OFF!

12:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers