Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: 2009 Reasons To Have A Good Year.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009 Reasons To Have A Good Year.

  • I am going to list 2009 reasons why I'm going to have a great year this year. FALSE.
  • I am finally going to slay the 200 pound dragon that lives inside my body. TRUE. This is the year people. I am going to break the 200 pound barrier....starting Monday.
  • I am excited about going to Hawaii again. TRUE. We leave in April.
  • My Dad is in remission. FALSE. I've had several people ask me about this...it's not true but 2009 is still going to be a record year for him since he was only supposed to live until June 2008!
  • I looked better 10 years ago. FALSE. Seriously...I look at old pictures and wonder how I ever got married.....and then I look at Calvin's old pictures and it all makes sense.
  • Calvin and I are writing a book together. FALSE...but we really should because people are always commenting on how 'lucky' we are to have a good marriage and well behaved children....it's not 'luck' people....it's hard work....
  • I'm happy the holidays are over. FALSE. I love sleeping in....I love eating chocolate....I love tobogganing and I love family time. Real life starts again in less than 48 hours.
  • This New Years was the best one yet. TRUE. We had SO much fun playing 'Rock Band' and 'Dance Dance Revolution' at Wayne and Laura's house this year with 8 other couples....I didn't even get tired until 1 am! It's like I'm a grown up!
  • One of my personal goals this year is to stop the negative self talk. TRUE. I have elaborated in the past about this phenomenon of never feeling like I'm 'enough' but a few months ago I had a revelation...anyway, the negative self talk must go.
  • I'm giving up carbs this year. FALSE. That's just stupid.
  • I'm going to do four days of cardio this year. EVERY WEEK. TRUE. Dangit.
  • Calvin actually lost weight over Christmas. TRUE. !$%&*+?
  • I lost weight this Christmas. FALSE. I gained 6 pounds. HOW FAIR IS THAT? He eats and drinks way more than me and I GAIN?
  • Calvin's job is more secure than ever. FALSE. SO SO FALSE. His job is on the line more than ever.
  • I am worried about Calvin losing his job. FALSE. I can not control the global economy...repeat after me....I can not control the global economy.
  • I love January hockey. TRUE. Now it starts to get good.
  • Life is good. TRUE. I am blessed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your blog. True.

I'm going to join Curves. True.

5:17 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

Love it, love it, love it!

8:46 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

PS It's totally not fair that Calvin gained weight. Not fair at all! I refused to weigh myself and spared the inevitable trauma of a less than stellar number.

8:48 p.m.  
Blogger M!O said...

Calvin must not be human cause i gained A LOT of weight over the holidays...
Hope you have a good 2009 Michelle!

2:20 p.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

Oh you and I are on the same wave-length although you are way more ambitious than I.

And also, I only just saw your last post (It was against my religion to crack my computer over the holidays) and how funny that it's a pic of you and I. What are the chances of that?

9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers