Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: Gold Rushin...........

Friday, August 15, 2008

Gold Rushin...........

I went to Barkerville, BC two days ago....and I did something I never thought I'd do. I squeezed into a Victorian Period dress and paid 71 dollars to get my picture taken.

If you've never been to Barkerville, it's actually quite interesting....we stayed in a B and B right on the main street, the lady managing it was kind of anal about shoes being off and my kids being perfectly perfect but other than that it was a lovely time.

Did you know that Barkerville has the oldest 'Chinatown' in Canada?

Did you know that the first year gold was panned there, they sent the equivalent of 56 million dollars worth to be mined (or whatever it is that they do with gold once they've panned it)?

Did you know that I actually hauled my butt up on a stage coach and rode it around Barkerville?

Had you heard that I ate the WORST...and I mean the WORST meal of my life at the 'diner' in Barkerville? (I won't bore you with the details...just three words. CHICKEN and DUMPLINGS)

Did you know that my girls loved Barkerville?

And last but not least, did you know that I've driven over 6700 kms since June 27th, and I'm officially DONE driving for at least 3 months. (And I say 3 momths b/c there is a wedding in Vernon I'm hoping I'm invited too that we'll probably drive down for!)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Barkerville. It was my favourite place when I was little. I've only been there twice but I'd go back again and again.

But it's probably best if you don't eat there... I think I had a really sad ham and cheese sandwich once.

7:58 a.m.  
Blogger The Meier's said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time (aside from the nasty meal you had) we have never been to Barkerville but I am sure we will go there one day.

Did your girls get to see with my kids while they are up there?

4:03 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

I can't remember the last time I was there, but sounds your girls had phone.

Love the photo!

6:29 p.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

We didn't get to see your kids Rebecca!!!! I guess we'll have to wait to see ALL THREE in November hey?

12:28 a.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

Considering all the years I lived up North and considering I married someone from Quesnel it's sort of shocking that I've never been to Barkerville.

Add it to the list I suppose...

7:34 p.m.  
Blogger Kater said...

I love Barkerville. I also love the fact that "Barker" is your maiden name!

7:38 p.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

Me too! MY girls thought maybe I was the mayor!

3:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers