Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: The Domino effect

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Domino effect

I'll set up the scene.

Last Saturday was my daughter Avery's 8th birthday party. (For those of you who know her, she's not 8 until December 11th but since we're all in the community Christmas production, we don't have a free weekend until Christmas now!)

5 girls came to our house at 5:30 p.m. We had pizza, we had cake and we opened presents. The girls went upstairs to play for about 20 minutes, I called them down and we all drove to the movie theatre to see 'Bolt', the new animated movie with the voices of Miley Cyrus and John Travolta.

We get to the movie. I tell all the girls they can have a small popcorn and a drink OR a candy and a drink. We get everyone settled...the birthday party girls decide to sit about 15 rows ahead of us.....the movie starts. (It's a good movie by the way, lots of funny parts for the grown ups too!)

90 minutes pass.

The movie ends.

The lights come up.

OH...did I mention the theatre is PACKED?

Ok, the lights come up...I try and go against the flow of people to hurry our birthday party of girls up when Delaney calls to me (from 15 rows away)....'MOM!!! Avery is BARFING!!!!!!'

WHAT? She's WHAT????

Oh LORD help me....I drag my size 16 hiney over the theatre flippy chairs and reach the gaggle of girls only to realize that Avery's friend Autumn is covered in puke. She proceeds to tell me that she threw up in the middle of the movie but didn't know what to do, so she sat through the rest of the movie and when the house lights came up, everyone could see she had thrown up.

Did I mention we had CHOCOLATE cake and pizza?

So, back to the birthday girl. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this on my blog but Avery is a gagger/puker. If you talk about puke, she pukes. She loves to help me bake but CAN NOT, I repeat CAN NOT see a raw egg going in the mix. One time at school, a girl in her class did a science experiment about eggs, one broke accidentally and she threw up in the garbage can in front of her entire class. This year, she saw bug eggs on a leaf and threw up at the door of her class. She will gag if you talk about poo, and watch out if she's holding a baby who barfs. She can not sit at the breakfast table if her Dad is eating a fried egg. Trust me. We've tried. The girl will throw up ON the table. SO....she saw Autumn covered in puke...she started gagging....by the time I got to her, she hadn't actually thrown up....I shuffled her back to her Dad so I could deal with Autumn...and I looked up just in time to see Calvin push her head down to the floor......

She hurled.

And it was at that moment that I looked into the projectionest room and saw my buddy DJ Mio look at me with pained eyes....because it was then that he knew he had a double clean up in Roi 2.

You know what they say???? It's not a party unless someone is throwing up!

7 Comments:

Blogger M!O said...

A cleaning up kids puke...such good times :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STB4s7Qhf40

11:21 p.m.  
Blogger Laura said...

I am so sorry, but i laughed....only as a mother can I have the right to do so.
Reminds me of the time my daughter decided to finger paint in her crib while I was out and the hubby was home. A wonderful shade of brown and a 'honey you need to come home' phone call.

Poor girls. At least it won't be a party they'll forget. oh, the joys of parenthood. I thought they grow out of that stage! :)

11:37 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

Hmmmm, if you're going to throw up at your party, better to do it now than on some guy you're trying to impress as a teenager.

Poor Avery... that's a whole lot of puke!

11:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO sorry...

But it is a little bit funny...

5:28 p.m.  
Blogger The Meier's said...

Well thats a Birthday she will NEVER forget.

10:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay... you're allowed to bring it up, and I didn't think you put your foot in your mouth! ;)

6:53 p.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

Poor Ave! I'm so with her! Remember the time I puked in your kitchen sink after Delaney spit up? (Obviously pre having my own kids)

9:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers