Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: The 'S' Word.....

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The 'S' Word.....



A funny thing happens in Smithers in late August.


One morning you wake up, look out your window and see it.


SNOW.


On the mountain.


In August.


This happens every year so I'm not sure why I almost cry every time it happens. Also, quite interesting (if you live here), all day today, and probably all week, people will see each other and say, 'Have you seen the snow on the mountain?' or 'New snow on the mountain today, can you believe it?'


I can believe it.


I'm looking right at it. (The view from my office window is quite amazing though....)


3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Snow in August...can you believe it!!!!! lol, as long as it stays up there for awhile it's all good. We're camping this weekend and you've just reminded me of how cold it just might be...gee thanks! :P

9:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah... I can't see the mountain- it's too cloudy. I figured there was a "light dusting" of snow.

Awesome. I'm totally one of those rad snowboarders who like to "shred the nar".

Not.

11:12 a.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

At this point if it meant I could see mountains I'd take them with snow!!!

3:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers