Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: Thanksgiving

Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving


It's Thanksgiving Monday! We are hanging out around home today, just raking leaves and being lazy.

We had our family dinner yesterday, and it was CRAZY noisy...I mean, like, 'CAN YOU PASS THE TURKEY?' NO I DIDN'T SAY YOU WERE QUIRKY'....it was sheer and utter maddness...and I LOVED IT. Everyone was talking and laughing at the same time, yet I had no trouble keeping a conversation! (Call it a 'Richmond' talent)

Really, seriously, I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for Grandparents that have prayed DAILY for their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I am thankful for a Mom who gives and gives to her kids, and doesn't totally mind being teased about wanting everything 'farm fresh'. (Side note...Mom forgets that she tells us things so we end up hearing OVER AND OVER, how the eggs she gets from her students are...you guessed it "farm fresh")
I am thankful for my brother and his wife and kids...it really is cool that we live in the same town and we get to see each other and our kids get to grow up together. I am thankful for a sister who makes me LAUGH SO MUCH because she doesn't know what simple things like 'buzz words' mean... (She really did ask me, WHO IS THIS BUZZ YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT??) and because she loves things like 'the glace' and 'window air'. I am beyond thankful for a hubby that knows me...I mean, REALLY knows me. He knows my quirks (yes, thinking two papers on a counter is 'clutter' is a QUIRK!) and still loves me and supports me. Seriously people, Calvin and I have been married for almost 9 years and we're still best friends...it's not that hard to understand! Laugh more often, it's that easy. I'm thankful for my girls. Oh did God know I needed girls....and three of them! How perfect for me and my family! I'm thankful for a God who gives me the right kind of self worth. Not the kind that you can get by looking in a magazine or asking your husband if you look good, but the kind that is real. The kind of self worth that you can't get from any earthly thing or being...and the cool thing is, He gives it to me just the way I am. Nothing more, nothing less.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cyriously? said...

Michelle you look so awesome! I bet you got lucky wearing that shirt!

11:11 a.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

LOLOLOL!!!! Um, NO..I got SICK when we got home...sexy mama BARFING in the toilet...but thanks, I think it was the angle I was standing at!

9:25 p.m.  
Blogger The Meier's said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Sorry to hear you got sick when you got home? Was it the stomach flu? We had a great THANKSGIVING with Darrin....it was awesome..will tell more details later. Love ya

7:41 a.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

i'm not sure, i was totally better the next day...wierd huh?

12:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers