Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: Teach A Man To Fish....

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Teach A Man To Fish....


Fishing. I don't get it. I mean, REALLY don't get it. Men like fishing even when they don't catch anything! (Would that still be called fishing? More like....stick in watering...anywho....) I've gone a few times this year with Calvin so we could 'bond' as a family whilst (oh yeah I just did say 'whilst') we waited for the elusive salmon to take the bait. NOTHING HAPPENED! Now, in Calvin's defense the fishing on the Bulkley wasn't great this year AND he did catch a bunch of Sockeye on the Babine later on. (The picture I'm posting is one my cousin Scott took when him and Calvin went fishing a few weeks ago.) Anyway, on Sunday my Mom made the mistake of saying fishing was boring. She said it out loud. So Calvin could hear! I mean, sure, think it but DO NOT SLAM FISHING TO A MAN FROM NEWFOUNDLAND. (oh, and side note, please do not pronounce Newfoundland, NEW FOUND LAND....that's also an insult. Please say New-fun-land...just like that.) Calvin then proceeded to go into a small tyrade (ok, maybe even a rant) about how there is an ART to fly fishing, you can't just trow (he was slipping into his Newfie accent) the line in the water, it has to sink and float a certain way so the fly is on the water but not bobbing too much, but bobbing enough....not zig zagging but curving if you will! Anyway, after a bit of back tracking, my Mom was in his good graces again....after learning a valuable lesson. Women don't understand fishing and Men don't understand....feeling sad after being done a great book, MAC makeup, Mom guilt, multi-tasking, scrapbooking, the TRUE pain of labour or breastfeeding (NO...it doesn't excite us to look at our boobs when they are engorged), best friends who giggle OR why we love Orlando. C'est La Vie!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cyriously? said...

LOLOLOL! *giggle, giggle, giggle* (just to drive Calvin nuts.....) All I have to say is moons over my hammy! Or when Calvin gets really irritated with us moons hover my ammy!

8:00 a.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

LOLOL.....he really does drop those 'h's!!!

1:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers