Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: Two Hours Alone...A Brief History.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Two Hours Alone...A Brief History.

If anyone out there has read my blog much, you'll know that a few days ago I had two hours alone. I mean, without my kids. In the day. It was SO wierd, because I went to a local coffee shop (Kokopelli) and leafed through an ENTIRE sears catalog. UNINTERUPPTED. Then I slowly sipped my iced coffee and read the rest of 'Tuesday's with Morrie'. After a while I decided to go look at Shoppers Drug Mart. Not for anything specific, just to stand amongst the breakables for a while. I bought a bottle of perfume (a J. LO. scent that is REALLY NICE) after smelling about 15 different kinds, and not feeling rushed at all! I just stood there. Smelling.

I left SDM and saw an old friend on the street who I hadn't seen in about 2 years, so we chatted. Uninteruppted.

The sun shone all afternoon, and at 3, I happily picked up my kids.....my two hours were gone.

The reason I love my time alone is because it's come so rarely...you know? When my kids are all in school, it might be a different story but for now, this feels nice. I was just a lady in a coffee shop. I used to feel sorry for people who were alone at coffee shops. Now I get it.

Until next wednesday.....

2 Comments:

Blogger The Meier's said...

I am so happy for you that you get those moments. Its in those moments we feel that we can go back to reality and make it...that life can go on. Its like a nice big breathe of fresh air to renew you for the next challenge. ENJOY!

11:34 a.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

I feel a song coming on.... "I can only imagine..." Oh the bliss of uninterruptedness!

4:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers