Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: You Might As Well Speak Vulcan

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

You Might As Well Speak Vulcan

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK.

Where was I?  Well, trying to think of something interesting to blog about.....and also I may have taken a little jaunt to a little island I've come fondly to think of as 'the rock'.  Not Dwayne Johnson but a quaint little province with a ton of history and alot of crazy.  That's right.  Newfoundland. 

Let's do a little Newfie numbers blog....

6950               The distance in kilometers from Smithers BC to Mainbrook, NL
                    How many planes we took (return trip)
9                      hours of flying time...one way!
18                   members of Calvin's family who were there
                    members of my family who were there (yay MOM!)
50                   The number of years Calvin's parents have been married
                    The number of times I've met Calvin's parents
0                     how many days of rain we had in Newfoundland
bazillion          The number of people I met who were related to Calvin in one way or                      another...sometimes on BOTH sides of the family
9                    different kinds of food that my girls tried that they had never eaten before
  • seal
  • scallops
  • cod fish
  • rabbit
  • turbot cheeks
  • muscles
  • turnip (yes, don't judge me)
  • salt beef
  • pease pudding
0                         the number of times we had a Starbucks coffee in NL.  It was very sad
1                         the number of times I tried to drink a Tim Hortons coffee.  Won't do that again.
10                       years since we had been in Newfoundland (if you know me and you know that we went to Cape Breton last fall, please...don't say, 'I thought you just went there'?  Cape Breton is in NOVA SCOTIA, and for those of us in BC, it would be like saying 'Oh, you went to Vancouver?  I thought you just went to Calgary last fall?)
15                          the number of kilometers we hiked in Gros Morne National Park (somewhere Calvin had never stopped even though he grew up in NL)
1                         UNESCO world heritage site we visited (L.Anse Aux Meadows)
1                          time that my girls went scallop dragging
                         the number of times Calvin went fishing with his brother(s)/Dad
4.5                      the number of hours we were ahead in Newfoundland
5                        people that slept in our room the entire two weeks we were gone
19                       the number of hours we were up when we had to fly home from Newfoundland
                       the number of days it took us to get used to BC time again
unlimited           the times I smiled at all the amazing things my girls got to do with the Elliott family


1 Comments:

Blogger Adina H said...

This post is dear to my heart ;) I love that you had a great trip to NL and that your girls and your mom also had a great time! Thoroughly enjoyed your pictures on facebook too. Our little island is a precious thing to those of us who see it's true beauty... we might be a little outta the way for most travellers but well worth it if ya take the time to explore. :D

10:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers