Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: What Can I Say?

Monday, July 25, 2011

What Can I Say?

Ok, It's been two months. I was going to try and blog every two weeks. What happened?

Long summer days...sips of iced tea in tall glasses...freshly cut grass......

UH....NO.

Mostly just trying to rise above the crap weather we've had all summer and just get through until the sun shines.

Some life changing moments for me in the last two months...

1) I have a daughter who has ONE more year in elementary school, then she's off to high school. HUH?

2) We got a puppy. Dumb us. I know. The sheer amount of work is amazing when you have a puppy. I could just leave her to chew on random things in my house or wander all over but because I read a Cesar Millan book, I now have to be a pack leader. Arg.

3) All three of my girls went to kids camp in Terrace this year and left me home alone with the puppy. I was very sad. They weren't.

4) By the end of June, I had lost 40 pounds in 2011. If you read my new years resolves blog you'll notice that I have a number I want to get to. It's very close. I can feel it. I may be kicking the 200's in the ass very soon. Thank you Zumba and HCG.

5) We are ALMOST done our house reno's. June 2010 was a very traumatic month for me (house reno's...Dad dying). This June was better. Not great thanks to the weather and some 'Dad' issues I have...but not knock down, crawl under the sheets and cry all month bad.

6) I no longer have syrup in my Americano Misto from Starbucks. I know. It's for real people. Espresso, water and milk. Period.

7) It's official that I'm not a big fan of the province of Alberta. Even though I had an amazing holiday with my bff's, the drivers there drive me NUTS and photo radar is stupid. (**side note, I am also $87.00 poorer)

8) Our family is going on TWO big trips in the next 9 months. We are going to Cape Breton for Calvin's niece's wedding in October...and then in March we are going to Kauai for 16 days. I will find the sun somewhere. Somehow.

9) I have 22 piano students in the fall....busy lady.....thank the Lord I get 19 weeks of holidays a year. Phew. That working for a living is over rated!

10) I just bought the movie 'Dirty Dancing' for $4.99 on iTunes and it makes me so happy I could run outside in barefeet and dance in the rain. In July. For the gamillionith day in a row.

How's your summer?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect. (The blog, not my summer).
See- was that so hard!?

4:01 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

Welcome back (and Billiejean I so miss reading your blog - hint, hint).

Michelle... I really am thinking of a trek up to Smithers soon-ish. How I long to have coffee with you - what a coffee date that will be! xo

2:54 p.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

Oh Kimmy...you NNNNNEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD to come up here......

What a date indeed!!!!!!!!!! We are gone Sept 30-oct 10 so any time but then!

7:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers