Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: That Still Small Voice....

Friday, March 04, 2011

That Still Small Voice....

I have always been very sensitive. That may surprise some of you if you know me, because I come across and loud, funny, confident and self assured. (I am those things, just sensitive too)

I easily get a 'check' in my spirit when I know something is not right (people with a different world view would use the word conscience). I have a tingle in my spirit when I know that something is up with one of my girls. I feel something when I know I need to say something to someone.

BUT.

I'm not perfect.

It's a long story, but there is a girl who goes to school with Delaney. She swears. ALOT. She looks 16 and she reminds me of me when I was in grade 6. Bad news. I know me. I know what I was looking for. RED ALERT.

For some reason Delaney is drawn to this girl. I put a stop to it. This girl, let's call her Jen, is 'cool' by grade 6 standards, but not by mine. My girl...my sweet, kind, innocent, doll playing girl is not ready for a friend like this.

Then I overheard Delaney talking to Avery the other night.

And do you know what I heard her say?

She said, 'Ave-guess what? Jen wrote me a note today saying 'Dear Delaney. Thanks for always being so nice to me'.

I literally stopped in my tracks and felt that feeling. That feeling that tells me very softly and sweetly. Michelle...you needed a friend like Delaney. That feeling that tells me....Michelle, this is a little girl. You need to love her too.

I have been put in my place, not only by my 11 year old but of the Creator of all things good.

What is that old saying? Don't judge a book by it's cover? Point taken.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Meier's said...

wow - reality check eh? I know I have been guilty on more then one occasion for being too quick to judge a "book by its cover". Thanks for sharing and reminding us all that we need to listen to those small voices from God and from our children.

12:23 p.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

You are such a good mom!

LOVE YOU!

8:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Heather!
And I think Delaney's awesome!

11:05 a.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

How wonderful the lessons we learn through kids! xo

10:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers