Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: Bigger and Better.....

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bigger and Better.....


I love my husband. Do you know why? Because without him, our children would have a stick and a rock to play with.


Yes my friends...it is time again to start to create THE BACKYARD RINK. Being that last years model was so lame (see, now I thought it was 'fine'...I was wrong apparantly) we are upgrading to the 30 x 40 version this year...and when finished it will have blue and red lines on it so our figure skating darlings will never...and I mean NEVER....go offside again.


Sure, now that our renovations are done, Calvin could just relax...sit on the couch even.....but who has time to sit on the couch now that the mercury has dropped to -4. Not Calvin...he must flood and re-flood....and this year???? A SPOTLIGHT. Yes, he rigged up a standing spotlight so we (and I use that term loosly since I am more a sit inside and look out the window at your kids skating kind of Mom) can even skate after supper. Oh joy. Now, I must admit, our kids are REALLY good skaters due to the sheer amount they skated last year, but when they are just standing there, watching their Dad (in his TML jersey) do stickwork and then shoot the puck past their heads...I wonder...who did he make this rink for?

7 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

hehe... men are funny. Sounds like quite the rink you'll have!

3:10 p.m.  
Blogger M!O said...

ummm it's imperative that i come and test out the rink. Please invite me to the first hockey game of the season.
I'll even rock my canuck jersey, just to show your kids that the maple laughs aren't the only team in the NHL

11:05 p.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

LOL....Avery is the only die hard Leafs fan....Delaney and I love the Canucks....and as soon as it's ready we'll have you over for a game...it's bring your own stick!! (Calvin's praying for lower than -10 weather so the rink will really freeze so that cold snap coming??? Blame him...)

8:19 a.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

I would have killed to have a skating rink in our backyard as a kid...

Too fun!

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger The Meier's said...

Family fun for all the kids (the young and the old..hehe) What great family memories you are making for your girls!! Thanks for the christmas card.. it was the first one i got this year..how special.
Happy Holidays!

9:02 a.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

That rink is awesome! If I liked freezing my a** off instead of sipping hot chocolate and Bailey's inside, I would totally be all over that.

11:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Heather... it's not my a$$ that freezes, it's my toes. Needless to say though, Jeremy will be on the rink with Calvin and the kids and Michelle and I will be inside drinking... chai.

3:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers