Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: Can You Say....BARISTA????

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Can You Say....BARISTA????


Ok blogger friends.


I have a confession.


I have almost finished one course in my Teacher's Aide program and I have realized something.


I DO NOT LOVE IT.


After the news I got about my Dad last week, I kind of re-evaluated what I wanted to do..


Any you know what?


I want to be a BARISTA. (A person who makes espresso etc....)


I got a job at STARBUCKS!!!!!!!! I went in and they hired me on the spot (now, that does alot for a girls confidence!). I start my training June 19th, then the grand opening is July 14th. I am just going to work part-time but I am really really excited! For those of you who know me, you know that I have wanted to work at Starbucks for a long long time but since there wasn't one here, that wasn't an option...well, now it is!!!!!!!!


Anyway, my husband is excited too...why you ask? Is it because he's excited I found something I love? NO. Is is because he wants me to feel fulfilled. NO. Is it because employees at Starbucks get one free pound of coffee a week? UH....YES.


So...for all my readers out there (and by 'all' I mean, Heather, DJ, Billie, Rebecca and Kim) I really hope you don't think I'm a quitter...because I feel like I woke up this week!!!!


5 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

That sounds fantastic Michelle! My roomate just starting working at Starbucks, and he loves it ... and I love the free coffee ;) Hope it goes great!

1:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay... being a barista is the best job I've ever had... except at a few dirty places where the owner was a *bleep*. Seriously though, you're going to have so much fun.
Of course I don't think you're a quitter... and like I could talk anyway. "Hi, I'm Billie. I move randomly only to end up back in Smithers every time."
(Except now I can't because Jeremy's not as whimsical. And I have a kid.)

Love you! xoxo

3:23 p.m.  
Blogger Kimberley B said...

I know tonnes of people who loooooooove working at Starbucks. I'm sure you'll love it too... and of course Calvin would love the free coffee beans every week. I would too!!! Lol, and I figured I was going to work for Starbucks when I get back to Canada... how funny that you're doing it.

Hmmmm... Smithers has a Starbucks??? Its nice to know I have options.

Congratulations!! xx

3:43 p.m.  
Blogger The Meier's said...

Way to go Michelle..way to follow your dreams..glad you didnt stick with something you hated. Every one of my friends who have worked for SB have loved it! We will have to head up your way and have you make us up a drink or two..hehe...keep us posted on how it goes!

9:00 a.m.  
Blogger Markimus said...

quitting is when you no longer search to find the thing you love... Quit a million colleges if you have to to find what you love.

Keep on... You guys are all in our prayers.

Maybe you can give me a deal on a coffee what we come..although I never drink that stuff... maybe a blended strawberry lemonade

4:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers