Daisypath Anniversary tickers elliott5inbc: A Canadian Tradition

Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Canadian Tradition

I always wanted a skating rink in my backyard when I was a kid...

Thank the Lord I married someone who totally doesn't mind flooding a rink 9 times in a week out in the freezing cold (did I mention we had a COLD SNAP HERE????), just so he can hear how totally AWESOME the rink in the yard is.

The girls were so impressed with their Dad, I mean, he's already pretty cool in their eyes but frozen water all to themselves??? There's no turning back kids....this is a project can is only going to get bigger and better every year. Think billboard signs and lucky loonies in the ice.

Here's to a Canadian Tradition. Cheers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Awww LUCKY!!! We just had to settle for the frozen lake growing up, not near as cool as a back yard rink ;)

10:14 p.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

yeah....oh and today Calvin said it's too small so now he's chipping away more snow to torture himself for another week.

MEN!

3:51 p.m.  
Blogger Cyriously? said...

I'm so envious! I wish I had a rink in my backyard. Wait a sec. I hate being outside in the cold. Scratch that, I'll just make another cup of tea and curl up by the fire with my book while Hugh goes outside with the kids.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger 3to1...outnumbered said...

Mark is green with envy and I'm sitting with Heather in front of the fire with a tea latte.

10:16 p.m.  
Blogger elliott5inbc said...

Make room for me....

And make it a cafe Mocha.

We were at home yesterday and Delaney asked me 'Mom, do you know how to tie up skates?' I laughed 'well, of course'!! She was also surprised and blurted out 'AWESOME, then can I go skating??' It was then I realized I am more the 'indoor department' in our house!

11:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with the "indoor department". Now make me some cookies. ;)

6:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Anniversary tickers